Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Welcome to the year of 2009. 

At the end of each year, I like to look back at all the things that happened. It dawned on me that this time last year I lived in a house. My family was just getting ready to take off on our voyage. I was also in the United States and it was snowy. In just one year, my life has turned around so grandly that I am almost living a different life. I live on a boat. I travel. I have met amazing new people and cultures, and I realized something very important. I thought about this for awhile. 

What would it be like to go back to how my life used to be? To live in a house and go to school and enroll in school activities. I thought about this all night. And I realized that if I went back to the life I seem to want so badly, I wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't be living in the sense that I feel is right. All of this thinking made me look at myself and my family and realize something extremely important. I am happy.




No comments: