Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast

Here in La Paz they have a Turkey Day potluck for all the people who don't want to cook a big dinner for Thanksgiving.  The deal is the chosen marina to host this dinner supplies the turkeys and the mashed potatoes. It is up to all the guests to bring whatever they think a Thanksgiving Day Meal is supposed to have. We chose to bring caramelized onions and black olives. The turnout at the dinner was relatively large. I believe about 200 people came to the dinner. The dinner was hosted by Marina Palmera. The marina has a huge boardwalk so thats where they set everything up. A few of my friends attended the dinner and we all took over one of the tables. All the kinds under 16 were the first to get served so we got the first pick in everything. I was amazed by how many people brought stuffing. There were probably about a dozen bowls for different stuffings. I served my food and went to go sit down and eat when I saw the dessert table. I think in the end I would have been better off if I hadn't seen the dessert table. But, I did. So, of course, I went over and loaded up a second styrofoam plate full of sugar. After the dinner my friends and I tried to play tag but its really hard to do that on a full belly. We ended up just sitting around a playing black jack. 
After the potluck was over we all migrated to Marina De La Paz for a classical Guitar concert. They were really good. It inspired me to practice more. I hope I'll someday be that good. 
I have persuaded my dad to leave La Paz on the 5th. I hope that we will get in to Mazatlan on the 8th. 
All is well on Don Quixote.




No comments: